Walks Near Slough
This Berkshire based town is located in the Thames Valley near Reading and Windsor.
Local walking highlights include the Slough Arm of the Grand Union Canal Walk which can be picked up at the Stoke Wharf canal basin on the eastern side of the town. Just to the south there's more waterside walking along the Thames Path National Trail which can be picked up around Windsor and Eton.
Other local highlights include Langley Park Country Park and Black Park Country Park where there are good woodland cycling trails and a popular Go Ape Tree top adventure course.
This circular walk from the town takes you to some of the local highlights. The walk starts at Upton Court Park which is located on the south eastern side of the town. The town park has some nice footpaths with good views towards Windsor Castle. You'll then head south to Eton where you can enjoy a walk along the River Thames to Dorney Lake. The lake was used in the 2012 olympics and has some nice cycling and walking trails to follow around the site.
The route then visits Dorney Court and Eton Wick village before picking up the Jubilee River for another waterside section. This will lead you back east towards Slough.
PostcodeSL3 7LU. - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Slough Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Slough Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Slough OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Slough Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Slough
- Thames Path - Starting at the Source of the Thames at Thames Head in Gloucestershire, follow the iconic river through beautiful countryside and historic towns to the city of London.
- Langley Park Country Park - Langley Park has a variety of beautiful trails suitable for cycling and walking
- Burnham Beeches - This hugely popular National Nature Reserve and woods has miles of good walking trails to try
- Beeches Way - Follow the Beeches Way through the Chilterns from the River Thames at Cookham to the Grand Union Canal at West Drayton.
You start off at Cookham and head east to the wooded Burnham Beeches Nature Reserve
- Black Park Country Park - With over 10 miles of well signed cycling and walking tracks, Black Park is the ideal place for a great day out in the country
- Denham Country Park - Enjoy waterside walking in this delightful park in Uxbridge
- Jubilee River - Follow the Jubilee River path from Maidenhead to Eton and Slough on this waterside walk or cycle on the border of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire
- Eton - This Berkshire based town is a fine place to start a walk with two rivers, a local lake and the iconic Eton College to explore.
- Dorney Lake - This purpose-built rowing lake in Buckinghamshire has a traffic free National Cycle Network trail running past it on one side and the Thames Path on the other
- Windsor Great Park - A circular cycle or walk around the beautiful Windsor Great Park in Surrey
- Maidenhead Boundary Walk - This circular walk takes you around the old boundary of Maidenhead
- The Long Walk Windsor Castle - This route in Windsor Great Park takes you along the famous 'Long Walk' to Windsor Castle
- Maidenhead - This walk takes you from Maidenhead to Windsor along the Thames Path National Trail